Being Naturally Thin

Thoughts from a Master Emergence Practitioner.

Being Naturally Thin

Postby bobbymac » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:07 am

I'm this past month turning my attention to my eating and exercise and been made very curious by Steven's article:
http://theemergencesite.com/Food_Weight ... Intro.html

One thing particularly: that what I tell myself can be used as an indicator.

In my efforts to connect daily I have often disregarded what I tell myself, labelling it as a byproduct of disconnection.
And to be clear: what I "tell myself" is not simply any thought I have but also related to a sense of mind-body clock.
Meaning, when I am sensing my clock up around my forehead, these really are just words in my head.
When I am sensing my clock in my chest or gut, these words are more than just words in my head.

When I'm focused on eating or my level of activity, often the words really are just in my head. I'm very curious if I can learn to see these tipping points from this information alone.
bobbymac

Re: Being Naturally Thin

Postby bobbymac » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:09 am

PS. I've decided for a while I'm only going to post in this section. The forum is much too vast for the two of us Ed! So thanks for having me in your corner.
bobbymac

Re: Being Naturally Thin

Postby bobbymac » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:24 pm

About one day into observing what I tell myself I was quite surprised how often I say:

Eat less

Excercise more

That same day, a week ago I began using a tipping point when shopping for food. Looking at two items I would ask:

Which one looks more like a muscle?
Which one looks more like a tree?
Which one looks more like a stalk of grain?

It cost me about $10 more per visit to the grocery store but I already had a different experience digesting. The first meal eating these foods (and it was quite a change for my baloney tastes) was confusing. I was in a lull after the food but I noticed some whoosing in my body. I realized I was not in quite so much shock. Lulled yes, but not unconscious.

Since then it's been growing.

I was walking my dog and the usual fight of her on my leash entailed. She pulled, I yanked. It's been going on for years. So then I decided to stop the madness, reverting to a technique I read early in her upbringing. When she pulls, stop. And don't move until she's turned her attention back to you.

Well we did this a few times. And as I was staring at her looking back up at me it hit me. The end of the leash is a communication! A moment where we talk to each other about the speed to walk.

Now instead of yanking, I am talking. With the tug. And it's a gentle tug. And to my amazement she is changing her pace! And it sticks for blocks on end!

Whew.

So what does this have to do with being Naturally Thin? ;)

I'll let you ponder that and come back with the rest of the story.
bobbymac

Return to Ed's Corner