Make your introductions here.

Make your introductions here.

Postby stevent10993 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:38 pm

I'm Steven, the site admin, the guy you complain to when something doesn't work, the person you hopefully let know when things do work.

In 1996, I had an experience which changed my life; I had my first original idea. Since then, I've been trying to find ways to use this idea to make the world a better place. During this time, I've used it to invent a therapy, write a theory of personality, found a school, and create a Website. But most of all, It's helped me to meet some of the most courageous folks on the planet.

For me, the best part of hosting these forums is meeting people. I look forward to having great conversations with you.

Thank you for joining.

Warmly,

Steven
stevent10993
Site Admin

Re: Make your introductions here.

Postby bobbymac » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:51 pm

Tonight I do not feel like introducing myself. I am burned out. However I have learned somewhat to "get back on the horse" and create a momentum since I cannot heal anything from a standstill. Though I sure tried.

So this is simply my intention to introduce myself. To shake the divine tree and say I need something. I need to introduce myself to a broader world. To become familiar with more people. I need to share who I am. I need to be shared with. There. Right there. A block. I need to be shared with. My writing speed just increased and I'm now driving away from a painful event.

I hope you'll forgive my bumpy and unconventional start. These are the words it took for me to get to this far. I thought I'd leave them in - in the spirit of honest sharing.

My name is Bobby and I'm from Canada. Likely I'm one of the more excited new members since I live out of physical reach of any of the community. The chance to share discoveries with people who know shock is more than "bad news" is way cool. Speaking of out of physical reach, last summer I moved all the way across this big country with my life packed in a yellow Mazda. I discovered my life must surely be music since I brought three guitars, a whole recording studio and only one sweater.

I made my way to Steven and Emergence through good ol' intuition and Google. Looking back I wonder if cycles of three destroyed my life that I shouldn't thank them anyways. Real change has occurred and I always knew I was gonna hold Steven to that promise.

So pleased to meet you all and wonder where you live and what you are up to.

Yours,
Bobby McAlister
Dieppe, NB, Canada
bobbymac

Postby austinshaw » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:41 pm

My name is Austin and I have been a student of Steve's for over a decade now... Wow! I recently relocated from New York to Savannah, GA to be a Professor of Motion Graphics. Steve has helped me to integrate what I have been learning in emergence to how I structure what I teach. I am amazed at how effective the wisemen, the map, and so many other emergence tools are in teaching. I have been missing New York and my family of friends a lot lately. When I first moved down here, I had a lot of momentum with the wisemen and emergence but I am finding that momentum is fading. So, I picked up the first book today and started reading from where I left off. It was like Steve and I were having a conversation :D. I hope this online forum can serve as a connection to the emergence community.

I think I use emergence tools everyday, from noticing where I am on the continuum of 'being' and 'doing' to using social priorities to bring myself out of shock. Today, I am curious about how to practice finding my personal truth in the little things. I am mostly searching for the big answers, and what I read today got me thinking about looking for little ones.

Best,
Austin Shaw
austinshaw

Postby GaryHD » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:35 pm

Hello everyone. I'm Gary.
I have been a student of Steven for more than 10 years and in his Emergence Group for about 4 years now.
I "hate" (can you say WOUND!) writing and in fact this is the first time I have ever written in a blog or forum. Pretty scary.
I love what I have been taught. The theory Steven has put together is amazing. The simplicity of the theory makes it oh so complex to understand. Very challenging.
I am a card carrying 3 (character type) who is body first. I also sport our definition of ADD. Still working on the order (and when I say order, I mean trying to find my personal understanding) of my social priorities and gender identity. So simple yet sooooo complex, after all, there are only 4 of each!
Well this is a little bit about me that took me about 2 hours to write.
I am looking forward to seeing and, dare I say, writing on this forum.
Gary
GaryHD

Postby stevent10993 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:02 pm

Bravo, Gary. You're no longer a bloggin' virgin.
stevent10993
Site Admin

Postby Connie214 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:35 am

My name is Connie. This is so hard for me to put into words. I am so struggling to sign on to this site and say anything about what has happened to me over the 8 years that I have been guided by Steve. I know that I have wounds about food, writing and reading. I am so close to healing my wounds over my weight. After struggling for over 30 years with my weight I finally have reached a point of looking forward to meals and not be afraid of overeating. In the last 6 months I have lost 17 pounds and my weight and my brain have stabilized. This is so different than any of the hundreds of diets that have consumed me in the past. I now love food and also love myself enough to really care about what goes in to my body. I am doing this with no effort on my part. It is now just who I am. I couldn't look at food without being scared of the amount I wanted to eat. Now I feel joy when I look at my food and realize even a small portion is too much for me to eat. This is just a small part of my story and I look forward to sharing more as I grow. I can't even tell you how long it took to write this.

Connie
Connie214

Postby bobbymac » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:38 pm

Hi Connie. I was really moved to hear about your struggle putting things into words. Nice to meet your online self.

Bobby
bobbymac

Return to Introduce Yourself